This was a hard choice. You guys came through with a lot of really interesting music, and I learned a few things.
- Gregorian pop music?!?
- The Eels singer is the son of famous physicist Hugh Everett III (he of the Many Worlds fame). Mind blown.
But when all is said and done, I choose: Corpsegoddess!
- The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony 5:58
- Fever Ray - If I Had a Heart 3:50
- Cat Stevens - Into White 3:28
- Yoko Shimomura - Traverse Town 1:22
- The Dandy Warhols - You Were The Last High 4:47
- Eels - Novocaine For The Soul 3:09
- Enya - Afer Ventus 4:07
- Siouxsie and The Banshees - Kiss Them for Me 4:37
- The Judybats - Incognito 3:03
- Led Zeppelin - Bron-Y-Aur 2:06
- Lisa Miskovsky - Still Alive 5:10
- The Moody Blues - Tuesday Afternoon (Forever Afternoon) 4:12
- Roxy Music - Avalon 4:17
- Pearl Jam - Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town 3:20
- Harry Nilsson - Think About Your Troubles 2:54
- Nobuo Uematsu - To Zanarkand 3:05
- Meryn Cadell - Secret 1:09
My totally subjective reasoning:
- A great hook at the beginning with Bitter Sweet Symphony. I'm the kind of person that gets most of my feels about a song in the first 15-20 seconds, so those strings are a major win. Plus, 90's nostalgia.
- OMG somebody listens to the Moody Blues other than me!
- "To Zanarkand" is what really sealed the deal. I keep the Distant Worlds orchestral version in my rotation for when I need to make myself breathe.
So you're up to pick the next theme. :)
Everyone else, now's the time to go over the rules so you can get a jump start on next week's theme!